Retreat of dreams...
this retreat is sold out.
a weekend to transform your writing self
One of the biggest challenges writers face is finding the time and space to reach a spot of sustained deep focus. You will find that here in this grand seaside home in Pacific Beach with faculty member Martha Brockenbrough, an award-winning author and teacher at the Vermont College of Fine Arts MFA program. What's more, you'll get support tailored just for you, whether you are a new writer or one who is already well published.
Here's what you'll get:
- Lodging for three days and two nights in a serene, luxurious home. (Feel free to take a video tour.)
- Food: Five meals and snacks (Friday snack & dinner; Saturday breakfast, lunch, snack & dinner; Sunday brunch)
- Personalized instruction: Each participant gets an hourlong consultation with Martha based on pre-submitted writing plus an editorial letter for you to ponder.
- Ample time to write, with support along the way if you need it. Stuck on a scene? You'll get help. Have a big word-count goal? You'll make it.
- Supportive conversation and reading. In the evenings we'll unwind with chatting, optional (brief) readings of our work, as well as delightful beverages of all sorts.
- Stunning environment: Walk or drive to the beach, ride bicycles, or jog the oyster shell-lined paths. There's also a private hot tub and you may use the community fitness center or pool.